Monday, February 27, 2012

The Michael Kidd-Gilchrist Debate - Is he Staying or Is He Going?

     Michael Kidd-Gilchrist has sparked much debate with his comments after the Vanderbilt game on Saturday.  Reporters quickly hit the internet(including myself) with headlines that MKG announced a decision to come back to Kentucky for at least another season.   We all had to quickly pull back from those headlines after Kidd-Gilchrist tweeted " I'm going to do what's best for me" , just hours after his initial comments.  Then CBS's Jeff Goodman made a comment that World Wide Wes would making all the decision for MKG.

  

     Jeff Goodman's claim did not sit well with many people.  One of which was MKG's very own mother.  Goodman's comments pushed her into making a twitter reply :


      What has happened next could only be described as a blogosphere frenzy.  Does this mean he is staying? Does it mean he is leaving?  What's going on?  My answer?  I don't really care right now.  The one thing that MKG does not need  is a distraction.  There is way too much basketball left for everyone to start worrying about whether he is going or staying. For goodness sake, there is a national championship at stake here.
     Even with all that said, we all are still just humans.  As such, curiosity almost always gets the best of us. So, even though I just said I didn't care, I'm going to give my opinion on the subject anyway.  Here is the bottom line, MKG has to do what is best for him and his family.  I would love to keep him for 4 years.  If he were to stay all four years then he most likely would turn out to be the most loved Wildcat in history.  The pure thought of it makes me shake with excitement a little.
      I love the thought but I have to be real.  If Kidd-Gilchrist continues to be projected a high lottery pick, there is no way I think he is going to stay.   If someone told you that you could make 3 millions dollars next year, what would you do?





No comments:

Post a Comment